Fri, 01 Dec|
Taitamariki Guide Hall
Psychology and Awakening
A weekend intensive on psychological knowledge and spiritual practice
Time & Location
01 Dec 2023, 6:30 pm NZDT – 03 Dec 2023, 4:00 pm NZDT
Taitamariki Guide Hall, Auburn Reserve, 8 Auburn Street, Takapuna, Auckland 0622, New Zealand
About the event
This weekend non-residential retreat will focus on how the Diamond Approach uses knowledge and understanding from contemporary psychology in the service of spiritual awakening and development.
Through teachings and experiential exercises we will explore:
- how a clear and experiential understanding of the ego can help us to develop into a more real, awake and mature human being
- the superego, self-images and object relations, as the basic building blocks of the ego self
- how by recognising these parts for what they are, we can open more effectively to the clear, open ground of presence, our spiritual nature
- how this kind of spiritual work is different to therapy
- how the ego self relates to spiritual nature, and is transformed through practice
- the nature of the head centre, and how it opens and develops.
This retreat will be taught by Ashley Wain and Vivienne Leahy.
On the Diamond Approach and the New Aotearoa Group
Every spiritual path deals with our common human situation, and each path deals with it differently. The Diamond Approach is a relatively new path, for people living a full human life in the world, who want to know who and what they are beyond their usual stories and ideas about themselves. It uses a range of powerful practices, as well as modern psychological knowledge, to help each person to explore their own experience in ways that bring deeper understanding, as well as the gradual revelation of our spiritual nature, in its vast rainbow of qualities and dimensions.
The Diamond Approach has been taught in New Zealand for over a decade. There is a large, established group that has developed over that time, which is now closed to new members. Diamond Approach New Zealand is now in the process of forming a new group, for those with a sincere interest in inner work and spiritual discovery.
We are offering in person retreats open to all in 2023 and 2024.
Retreats normally involve meditation, a teaching, experiential exercises in pairs, threes, or small groups, and opportunities to ask questions, share experiences and inquire further with a teacher.
End times are approximate.
DANZ1 students repeating material pay $175.